The purpose of our investment credo is to determine how we will behave as an early-stage investor and long-term value-adding shareholder.
1. We understand what it’s like to be a founder and this drives profound respect, which is at the core of what we do. We believe that the success of a company is the result of each individual contributing their best.
2. We invest in people and teams which balance EQ and IQ, and we lead by example.
3. We strive to build long-term partnerships based on mutual trust, with founders, investors and all other stakeholders. We prioritise transparency, honesty and candour in all our dealings. Even when what we’re saying isn’t immediately popular.
4. We believe that societal challenges such as global heating, population growth and resource depletion create opportunities for new businesses to succeed, driving real and necessary change at a global scale.
5. We put our heart into everything we do, every transaction. We live out our values and aren’t afraid to take a stand for what we believe in.
6. We champion a data-driven, methodical and structured approach, and its use in driving powerful and unique insights and facilitating consistent adoption of best practices.
7. We play to win, but not at all costs. We understand that each deal is a part of a bigger context, and recognise that ensuring fair terms for all parties is critical for long-term success.
8. We act with humility and recognise that failure is sometimes the price of finding the edge of what is possible. We are supportive in times of hardship and are always eager to learn. We celebrate our successes and recognise all who have played a part.
9. We value integrity above all else, in ourselves and those with whom we choose to do business.
10. We know that when we achieve all of this, we will have created a solid basis for delivering consistently above-market returns to our investors.