It’s that exciting time of year again! Applications for Rockstart Energy 2024 are now open.
Rocktart Energy funds and empowers founders to build scalable innovations leveraging emerging technologies and new business models, which are key to slowing down the pace of climate change.
Apply now before October 6, 2023, to accelerate your founder journey.
Who we’re looking for
Rockstart Energy 2024 is open to early-stage startups focused on driving the energy transition. We’re looking for founders targeting the following verticals:
- Asset Life Extension & Circularity
- The Circularity Gap Report reveals a concerning trend: the global economy in 2023 is only 7.2% circular, down from 9.1% in 2018, due to rising material extraction. This means over 90% of materials are wasted, lost, or unavailable for reuse. It’s time to break free from the take-make-waste model and embrace a circular economy.
- Installation Efficiency & Service
- To achieve our clean energy and climate goals, the renewable Energy sector must rapidly expand employment. To keep up with demands, there are two critical steps. First, we must enhance technical training opportunities to equip a skilled workforce for the rapid growth of the renewable energy sector. Second, it’s time to optimize installation, maintenance, and repair processes by embracing technology.
- Climate Risk Mitigation
- As we transition to clean energy, we need to address and quantify the impact of climate change on physical assets, supply chains, and financial products. By doing so, we make informed decisions, manage risks, and prioritize sustainability, ensuring a resilient energy transition with minimal losses
- Long Duration Energy Storage
- Assets and management systems with over eight hours of storage allow us to store excess power during high-generation periods and release it when needed, enabling grid stability and seamless integration of intermittent renewables. The importance of long-duration energy cannot be overstated. It paves the way for a reliable and sustainable energy system that can meet long-term energy demands.
What you’ll receive
At Rockstart, we empower startups through early stage investment capital, as well as a fully customized and domain-focused acceleration curriculum. With 11 years of experience in the entrepreneurial ecosystem, we’ve learned that a systematic approach should consider not only the business case but also the dynamics within the team and the individual skills of the founders.
Our 20-week curriculum transforms innovative solutions into scalable companies, offering access to capital, markets, expertise, and a supportive community. Rockstart empowers founders to secure funding, understand market niches, and ensure long-term growth. With customized support from energy experts coupled with industry-specific networking opportunities and the chance to pitch to investors, your startup gains momentum, driving it forward and paving the way for success.
We strive to establish long-term partnerships with founders that extend well into the future. At Rockstart, we provide follow-on investments up to series B and offer comprehensive support for years to come.
Here is what some of our alumni have to say:
“The reputation of Rockstart as a connector to relevant and influential people specific to startup needs solidified our decision to participate. Once on location, the team and the drive behind them proved to us that we made the right decision.”
Jósep Thorhallsson, Founder & CEO, Fast Trek
“When joining Rockstart we were at a stage where we needed an international network and competent mentoring to drive our company to become scale-ready. Rockstart has so far proved to deliver on point.”
Golam Sadeghnia, Founder & CEO, OKTO Grid
“What Rockstart has developed is fantastic. I struggle to think of another investor/VC who has brought together a high-caliber leadership team, mentor network, investor, and top-tier partners spanning the European energy industry so deeply and broadly.
Scott Gillam, CEO, PF Nexus
We’re excited to receive your application and want to ensure that we can support you from the very beginning of the process. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Investment Associate Gem Kua at email@example.com.
Apply now before October 6, 2023.